Food illness resulting from contaminated food or food contact surfaces is a direct result of improper handling, hygiene and/or sanitization technique. Food safety measures can effectively reduce the number of food related illnesses, of which can also be related to misuse of chemicals used for sanitization. Many common use chemicals, such as chlorine bleach and formaldehyde present the added concern of potentially forming carcinogens if accidentally ingested. Therefore, it is important to consider more benign, yet highly effective chemicals for sanitization such as pure chlorine dioxide, an FDA approved and EPA registered disinfectant; pure chlorine dioxide is a well-known environmentally-aware, non-corrosive sanitizer for both foodstuffs and food contact surfaces. The FDA estimates that 1 in 6 people will fall victim to a food related illness each year. Such illnesses can result in fatigue or vomit to even paralysis or even death. Pathogenic incubation periods vary, so even the slightest misstep on food safety measures can result in sickness or even infection as long as 28 days past contact/ingestion.
© 2018, Selective Micro Technologies, LLC. All rights reserved. Selective Micro, the Selectrocide name and logo, and the marketing molecules and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Selective Micro Technologies, LLC.