© 2018, Selective Micro Technologies, LLC. All rights reserved. Selective Micro, the Selectrocide name and logo, and the marketing molecules and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Selective Micro Technologies, LLC.
Food and Beverage
When you’re processing food, brewing beer, or making wine, facility hygiene and sanitation is of the utmost importance. Bacteria such as E. coli, Salmonella or Listeria can be transferred between foods, or to food from surfaces, creating the possibility of food borne illness. Or, it can contaminate and spoil beer, causing sour tastes or off odors, ruining an entire batch. In wine making, spoilage bacteria can also create bad flavors or smells that weren’t intended by the vintner.
Let SMT’s ultra-pure chlorine dioxide products help protect you! Our products can be used to eliminate or reduce bacteria, mold, and viruses in virtually any setting.
Our EPA registered disinfectants and sanitizers can be used to disinfect and sanitize surfaces in your brewery or winery to prevent any unwanted pathogens that can cause off-flavors, bad odors, or otherwise taint your products, including:
- Fermentation tanks, transfer lines, tools, and fittings
- Kegs, cans, and bottles
- Floors, ceilings, and drains
Our products can be used in a wide variety of applications in a food processing facility to ensure the safest food possible, such as:
- Food contact surface sanitizer for: Cutting blades, conveyor belts, holding tanks, and other food processing equipment
- Non-food contact surface sanitizer for: ceilings, walls, drains, and any other hard, non-porous surface
- Disinfectant for: ceilings, walls, drains, tools, fittings, transfer lines, tanks, or any other hard, non-porous surface
Wash water, wastewater, and other water systems treatment
- Antimicrobial dump tank wash for produce
- Antimicrobial water treatment to reduce cross contamination
- Tank disinfection for water systems used in production
Related Case Study
6 reasons why food processors must use chlorine dioxide
How can you avoid the powerhouse of decontamination and sanitization, Pure Chlorine Dioxide?
ClO₂ is strong enough to be an EPA approved and efficacy tested hospital disinfectant, yet mild enough to be an FDA approved food contact substance. Pure Chlorine Dioxide can also be successful in destroying and preventing biofilm, which is one of the biggest challenges for food processors in destroying harmful bacteria. In addition to these spectacular disinfecting qualities, ClO₂ has only a minor odor, not unlike that of a pool, when used; and is less corrosive than bleach.