© 2018, Selective Micro Technologies, LLC. All rights reserved. Selective Micro, the Selectrocide name and logo, and the marketing images and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Selective Micro Technologies, LLC.
Food and Beverage
When you’re processing food, brewing beer, or making wine, facility hygiene and sanitation is of the utmost importance. Bacteria such as E. coli, Salmonella or Listeria can be transferred between foods or to food from surfaces, creating the possibility of foodborne illness. Beer can be spoiled or contaminated, causing odors or sour tastes that can ruin an entire batch. In wine-making, spoilage bacteria can also create bad flavors or smells unintended by the vintner.
Let SMT’s ultra-pure chlorine dioxide products help protect you! Our products can be used to eliminate or reduce bacteria, mold, and viruses in virtually any setting.
Our EPA-registered disinfectants and sanitizers can be used to disinfect and sanitize surfaces in your brewery or winery to prevent any unwanted pathogens that can cause off-flavors, bad odors or otherwise taint your products, including:
- Fermentation tanks, transfer lines, tools, and fittings
- Kegs, cans, and bottles
- Floors, ceilings, and drains
Our products can be used in a wide variety of applications in a food processing facility to ensure the safest food possible, such as:
- Food contact surface sanitizer for: cutting blades, conveyor belts, holding tanks, and other food processing equipment
- Non-food contact surface sanitizer for: ceilings, walls, drains, and any other hard, non-porous surface
- Disinfectant for: ceilings, walls, drains, tools, fittings, transfer lines, tanks, or any other hard, non-porous surface
Washwater, wastewater, and other water systems treatment
Our products can be used in washwater to reduce cross-contamination and as an antimicrobial rinse for produce in food processing facilities. It can also be used to treat many different types of wastewater from food production facilities for discharge. Our pure ClO2 is also used to disinfect many different types of water holding tanks and transfer lines for potable water systems. Some uses include:
- Antimicrobial dump tank wash for produce
- Antimicrobial water treatment to reduce cross contamination
- Tank disinfection for water systems used in production
Related Case Study
6 reasons why food processors must use chlorine dioxide
ClO₂ is strong enough to be an EPA-approved and efficacy-tested hospital disinfectant, yet mild enough to be an FDA-approved food contact substance. Pure chlorine dioxide can also be successful in destroying and preventing biofilm, which is one of the biggest challenges for food processors in destroying harmful bacteria. In addition to these spectacular disinfecting qualities, ClO₂ has a mild odor when used and is less corrosive than bleach.