© 2018, Selective Micro Technologies, LLC. All rights reserved. Selective Micro, the Selectrocide name and logo, and the marketing images and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Selective Micro Technologies, LLC.
Disinfectant chemicals can be harsh, caustic, and even dangerous. Yet, we often turn to bleaches and similar compounds when faced with the need for an effective cleaner/antimicrobial agent.
Although these products may be familiar to us, they come with several obvious drawbacks. Conventional antimicrobials are often simply ineffective for the job at-hand and can easily stain or corrode most materials. And even at use concentration, many of these products are health hazards that can readily burn or irritate skin.
Let SMT’s ultra-pure chlorine dioxide products help protect you! Our products can be used to eliminate or reduce bacteria, mold, and viruses in virtually any setting.
- Chlorine dioxide is more chemically selective than bleaches, ozone, or peroxides. This means that it destroys unwanted microbes without burning or corroding surfaces.
- Chlorine dioxide is a neutral molecule. This allows it to seamlessly infiltrate growths (such as biofilm) and destroy the inner-lying molds and spores.
- Chlorine dioxide disinfects via oxidation. The chlorine dioxide molecule has an oxidation number 2½ times higher than bleach, ozone, and peroxide, which means that lower levels of ClO2 can accomplish the same disinfection applications as higher levels of these conventional chemicals.
- Due to chlorine dioxide’s unique method of pathogen inactivation, viruses, bacteria, molds, and spores are unable to build up a tolerance to the ClO2 molecule.
- Chlorine dioxide has a high material compatibility and leaves no residual on hard, non-porous surfaces.
Chlorine dioxide is ideal for disinfection/sanitization applications in:
- Health Care Facilities
- Dental Offices
- Veterinary Clinics
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Food Processing Facilities
- Gymnasiums/Rec Centers
- Cruise Ships
- Recycling Centers
Selectrocide A12, or 12G
Related Case Study
Pure Chlorine Dioxide: The newest technology in disinfection and odor elimination
As innovators in antimicrobial solutions, SMT brings you the world’s most versatile and user-friendly choice for surface disinfection, sanitization and space deodorization.
This easy to use, just-add-water patented delivery system offers a more intelligent and environmentally sophisticated method for decontamination.
What are the benefits of 99.9% pure chlorine dioxide ClO₂?
It’s effective. Pure ClO₂ is a powerful oxidizer – germs and bacteria are unable to build up a tolerance. It is effective against wide varieties of dangerous microorganisms including:
– germs – viruses – fungi
– spores – mold & mildew – bacteria.