© 2018, Selective Micro Technologies, LLC. All rights reserved. Selective Micro, the Selectrocide name and logo, and the marketing images and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Selective Micro Technologies, LLC.
Growers and Cultivation
Whether you’re growing ornamental plants, cannabis, or food, mold, bacteria, and other pathogens can be your worst enemy. Spoilage microbes can cause food to rot extremely quickly, leading to huge losses of profit and large amounts of waste in the food vertical.
Pathogenic bacteria or viruses in the growing environment can cause sickness in food. A failed microbial analysis can cause the loss of part of or even a whole crop. Ornamental plant diseases can destroy your beautiful flowers.
Let SMT’s ultra-pure chlorine dioxide products help protect you! Our products can be used to eliminate or reduce bacteria, mold, and viruses in virtually any setting.
Our EPA-registered disinfectants can be used to disinfectant your grow operation to prevent cross-contamination during growth or processing, including:
- Tools, buckets, cutting tables
- Walls, floors, drains and ceilings
- Any other hard, non-porous surfaces
Our EPA-registered and FDA-approved products can be used in antimicrobial washes to reduce spoilage organisms and extend the shelf life of produce:
- Wash raw agricultural commodities such as fruits and vegetables
- Wash processed foods such as fruits and vegetables
Our ultra-pure chlorine dioxide can be used as a continuous treatment in irrigation systems to remove slime and algae and to inhibit its reemergence.
- Use as a initial or remedial treatment to disinfect water holding tanks and irrigation/transfer lines
- Use as an initial or remedial treatment to remove slime, algae, and fungi from water holding tanks and irrigation/transfer lines
- For continuous treatment of irrigation/treatment lines to inhibit the establishment of slime, algae, and fungi
- Use as an algaecide and fungicide for treating, preventing, suppressing, and controlling horticultural diseases on hard, non-porous surfaces in commercial greenhouses
Related Case Study
Validation of the use of chlorine dioxide in reducing microbial contamination on raw fruits and vegetables
Sanitize and disinfect food-contact surfaces, keep food fresh longer, and eliminate foodborne pathogens. Use Selective Micro-validated pure chlorine dioxide in reducing microbial contamination on raw fruits and vegetables. Pure chlorine dioxide was tested at 5 ppm concentration and for a total 1-minute contact time. The experiment was to determine the antimicrobial properties of pure chlorine dioxide after drop-spotting inoculation over each surface of raw agricultural commodity (RAC).